775-764-8115
HomesOnWheelsAlliance@gmail.com

Blog

Bob’s Minivan Build Vlog #5

Here is Bob’s latest Video Log (vlog) of our Minivan Build to give someone in need.

Click here for the Application for Assistance.

Whether you are someone who is asking for help, or someone providing help: Thank you!

Together we are changing lives, preventing homelessness, and building community.

Comments(7)

1. REPLY
    Lydia says

Im so EXCITED to hear about HOWA.
    How to can i serve.

2. REPLY
    KAREN FERRIER says

I AM LOOKING TO ENTER TO WIN A MINIVAN, I LOVE WATCHING YOUR VIDEOS! I DO HAVE A 2000 DODGE TOWN AND COUNTRY VAN WITH ONLY 89,000 MILES ON IT. IT’S IN GREAT SHAPE. I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO MAKE IT A VAN I COULD TRAVEL IN. I’M 71, FEMALE, BORED TO DEATH, NEED SOME ADVENTURE IN MY LIFE.

Suanne Carlson says

Hi Karen,

How cool that you are traveling at 71!

We hope to acquire a full-size van for a raffle drawing in January. If we get that van, then those tickets will be sold online. This is a fund raiser for HOWA. Be watching for that announcement.

The minivan build that we just completed will be granted based on individuals’ completed Applications of Assistance. That is, this is not like a drawing or raffle that you can “win;” rather it’s based upon an applicant’s need. Go here for that information and the Application for Assistance … https://homesonwheelsalliance.org/programs/

If your situation is such that you can’t afford to build out your current minivan, you may want to apply for the minivan home that’s available, and offer your current minivan in partial trade when you submit your Application for Assistance. We could then build out your current minivan for someone else. Just an idea for you to consider.

Another option is to apply for a build out of your current minivan at Jamie’s Van Build Fest in November … see https://www.enigmaticnomadics.com/

Safe travels!

Suanne Carlson
      Executive Director
      Homes On Wheels Alliance

3. REPLY
    Rhonda says

Hi Suanne, I am a 61-year-old female Canadian who loves the concept of HOWA!! I would love to attend some of your gatherings and am wondering if there are other Canadians who attend? I am looking to travel with someone from Canada, (caravaning) to the next RTR or WRTR. Do you have any suggestions on how I might go about finding these folks?
    Thanks very much!

Phyllis says

Rhonda, There are many Canadians that attend the RTRs! You will be in great company. If you want to find someone to caravan with, I suggest you go to the CRVL Forum and search for Canadians traveling to the RTR. You will be more likely to find someone a little later in the fall. You could also join the Women’s RTR 2018 and beyond Facebook group. You will meet many women that attend the WRTR and may be interested in caravaning. Safe and Happy Travels!

4. REPLY
    acktool says

Hi! This is my first visit to your blog! We are a collection of volunteers and starting a new project in a community in the same niche. Your blog provided us beneficial information to work on. You have done a marvellous job!