Earn a good salary while helping an underserved population,
as you work from home!
Join our team of kind and talented staff, trustees, and volunteers to help people on the edge of homelessness. At Homes On Wheels Alliance, Inc. (HOWA), a 501(C)3 charitable nonprofit organization, we combine our vision, experience, and hard work to help others in the mobile community. As the Development Director, you will meet, collaborate, and accomplish great things with some inspiring American nomads who live on the road. Your fundraising successes will support programs that enhance connections within the community and assist its most vulnerable members who depend on their “homes on wheels” for safety and security!
HOWA began almost 3 years ago. We are young, focused and growing fast! Bob Wells, a Co-Founder and the President of our Board of Trustees, is author of a best- seller about the nomadic life, co-star in the Oscar winning movie, “Nomadland”, and owner of CheapRVLiving. Our Executive Director, Suanne Carlson, is HOWA’s other Co-Founder, after a previous career in higher education.
- Our organization is successful because of the good work and dedication of our staff, trustees, and volunteers.
- We encourage everyone to share their talents and ideas about how to help for our clients without fear of criticism.
- Our teams’ happiness is a priority. We strive for a healthy balance between working hours and personal time.
What We Do:
HOWA promotes a healthy nomadic community by offering gatherings and training events. We help individuals achieve a sustainable self-sufficient lifestyle by providing safe & secure unconventional housing, and mentoring, which helps them get back on their feet.
We are interested in an experienced Development Director who is looking for a challenging career. The successful candidate must have:
- At least a Bachelor’s in business, marketing, OR nonprofit leadership with a strong emphasis on successful fundraising.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working for a nonprofit.
- Proven successes in fundraising, including Planned and Major Gifts.
- Grant writing abilities and evidence of previously awarded grants.
- Social media skills, online community outreach, campaign creation (FaceBook, YouTube and Google).
- Lived as a nomad for at least 2 consecutive months without amenities (boon docking, dispersed camping).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
Salary is $60,000 per year.
HOWA is incorporated in Nevada and Arizona, but staff’s work locations are across the entire continental USA, where ever we camp! This is a virtual position so you can work from anywhere that has good phone and Internet data service!
- Complete your tasks from home or while traveling
- Work Flexible hours
- Build up and be part of a friendly community, staff, volunteers, trustees and clients
- Help prevent homelessness in the USA
- Enjoy the challenge while helping others!
Apply by July 22:
Send your resume detailing your qualifications for this position and cover letter to our email: HomesOnWheelsAlliance@gmail.com and include detailed information concerning your skills and experience. Incomplete resumes will automatically be rejected.
For additional questions please give us a call or visit to our website: