Batteries to Grant in October 2022 in Pahrump, NV
Homes On Wheels Alliance has had the good fortune to receive a few 100AH Deep Cycle AGM Batteries to grant to Nomads who can’t afford one. These batteries are worth $140 each. They will be granted to vehicle residents who have an immediate need for a 100AH Deep Cycle AGM Battery to store the electrical power generated by their current solar system. The donors’ intent is that the batteries go to those in financial need who live out of their vehicles.
The batteries were sourced from Amazon at https://amzn.to/3T57hOs. Go to this page to see more details. All batteries remain in their unopened boxes, shipped during the last week of September 2022.
These batteries will be granted to vehicle residents who meet all of the following criteria:
- Have an immediate need for a 100AH Deep Cycle AGM Battery, AND
- Are unable to afford $140 for a new 100AH Deep Cycle AGM Battery, AND
- Currently have a solar power system that will function safely when a 100AH deep cycle battery is installed, AND
- Have sufficient space for this 100AH Deep Cycle AGM Battery. In inches — 12.99 long x 6.73 wide x 8.34 high, AND
- By the end of November 2022, will install a granted 100AH Deep Cycle AGM Battery to work with their current solar power system, AND
- Are able to pick up the battery, if granted, on the morning of Thursday, October 27 in Pahrump, NV.
Note: The 100AH Deep Cycle AGM Battery weighs 60 pounds.
Other important conditions for successful applicants:
- The new 100AH Deep Cycle AGM Battery should not be installed with an older battery. The older battery will draw down the newer battery’s capacity.
- HOWA will not install or provide any guidance for installation of a battery in a solar power system.
- Applicants will be asked to describe when and how they will have a 100AH Deep Cycle AGM Battery installed.
Before submitting the application, you will be asked for any additional information you would like to provide regarding your need for the battery, or your plans to install it.
Batteries will be distributed on a first-applied, first-granted basis to applicants who meet all listed criteria and conditions.
To apply for a Battery, click on this LINK to go to the application. (If you are a BYOV Participant, please refer to your email for the link.)