My life’s work and commitment has been social justice, advocacy for the under-represented, and empowering others to build/broaden/utilize life skills. I have worked both with children, families and senior citizens during my career. Diversity of all types: racial, ethnic, socio-economic, age, sexual orientation is and always has been uppermost in my mind and heart, both in my career and in my personal life’s journey.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Westchester State University. Westchester, Pennsylvania. B.S. Early Childhood Education. 1976.
- Temple University. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. M.S.W. 1986.
- LCSW. State of Pa. 1989. State of Arizona 1992.
- Program administration
- Advising/training boards of directors
- Presenting workshops/training sessions
- Communication/counseling individuals & groups
- Fundraising for charitable organizations
- Counselor for Bucks County Area Agency on Aging, Bucks County, PA. 1978-1980.
- Social Worker & U.S. Adoptions Program Administrator- Welcome HouseAgency, Doylestown, Pa. 1980- 1985.
- Program Director & Social Worker- Adoptions International & USA, Philadelphia, Pa. 1986-1991.
- Founder and Director- Adoption Playshops! Program. Scottsdale, Arizona,1994- 2014.