Who Are We?
Homes On Wheels Alliance, Inc. (HOWA), a charitable 501(c)3 nonprofit organization, strives to help a significant portion of the American population who are being squeezed between the rapidly rising cost of shelter on one hand, and either stagnant wages or too-small of a retirement on the other. Through no fault of their own, they are at serious risk of losing their homes and apartments. We serve this community by providing:
- Basic goods and supplies to help make vehicles into functional, safe and secure dwellings,
- Transition assistance into a financially- and environmentally-sustainable mobile lifestyle,
- Events and gatherings to connect with the nomadic tribe, to know they are not alone, and
- Opportunities to give back and improve the lives of other nomads, area communities, and our public lands.
What We Believe:
We believe that an “alliance” can be effective and should consist of:
- The larger mobile community,
- Individual donors,
- Government (local, state and federal),
- Private businesses and industries, and
- Various nonprofit organizations.
How We Work:
By combining our energies, resources and good-will into a united front, we make a significant impact towards alleviating the homeless problem and allowing our clients to remain contributing citizens. In doing so, we help them regain their confidence, preserve their independence, self-sufficiency and dignity. Acting together, we believe the future can be bright for all of us!