VOLUNTEER for the
Fall 2023 BYOV
“Bring Your Own Vehicle”
The Fall 2023 BYOV is a one-day event on Saturday October 14, 2023 in Pahrump NV. Starting at 8:30AM, volunteers will:
- Get checked in — pick-up their safety vests, attend a short orientation, and share some coffee (as desired),
- Get the grantees checked in,
- Teach the grantees how to use a portable solar power system,
- Distribute the solar power systems to the grantees,
- Help the grantees learn to implement their new system at their rig with their devices,
- Celebrate with a pizza lunch and volunteer thank yous,
- Hold an Open House for the community to attend where grantees will display their new power systems at their rigs, and
- Distribute copies of the paperwork and receipts to the grantees in case warranty work on their granted item(s) is needed.
Volunteer Applications will be open through Monday September 25th.
Volunteer Screening and Selection
Volunteers will be screened for their alignment with HOWA’s mission, vision, and values, as well as their skills and availability. A minimum of 15 volunteers are anticipated for the day. Emails will be sent indicating placement and gratitude for interest on or before October 1st. Applicants selected for a volunteer position will sign the Volunteer Agreement.
HOWA Caravan Camp in Pahrump during BYOV
For more camaraderie during the time of the BYOV, consider camping together with other Nomads at the Caravan Camp in Pahrump, October 11-24. Click here for more information about the HOWA Caravans, their dates and locations.
Volunteer Positions — Qualifications & Descriptions
FILLED — Social Media Writer
GENEROUS SUPPORTERS of the Fall 2023 BYOV Event