Letter from the Executive Director
Last week HOWA’s Board met to finalize our 2023 budget. The Trustees and I wrestled with the impact of inflation on the growing costs to do HOWA’s work. In addition, we observed that contributions are down as our donors adapt to their own higher costs of living. In response, HOWA is making some changes, and reaching out to you with a special request.
First, I’d like you to know two of HOWA’s important commitments as we ride out this lean time —
- HOWA will remain fiscally responsible by not spending more than we have, and
- HOWA will continue the work to fulfill our mission to help those on the edge of homelessness within a supportive community.
Measures being implemented in 2023. HOWA will —
Examples of some of those measures being implemented for the 2023 BYOV Program —
- Corporate donor, Lectric eBikes, is sponsoring the BYOV Program for $20,000. Thank you!
- The number of Spring BYOV projects is reduced to 24 to fit within that budget.
- The Assistant for the Spring BYOV has been converted from a seasonal paid position to a volunteer position with less hours.
I am committed to standing with HOWA though this financially sparse time. Please join me in that commitment as demand for HOWA’s services will certainly become even greater.
Ways you can donate today —
Together we are changing lives, building supportive community, and preventing homelessness one person at a time.
Thank you for your consideration and support.
Homes On Wheels Alliance, Inc.